Saturday, February 1, 2014

Chicken Potato Casserole

My phone takes crap pictures and everything I eat goes into a bowl.
You now know all the secrets of my LIFEEEE.
Chicken Potato Casserole

....do you ever have one of those nights where you look around your kitchen, throw some meat in the oven, and then figure out what to do with it later?

...maybe it's just me.

So I threw some chicken to cook in the oven while I walked around, pulled some random dry goods out, and came back later once the chicken was done.


This method is how I make some of my best/most interesting recipes. Or boredom. Sometimes they are a delicious combination of WHATTTTT.

Anyways.

Tonight's result was Chicken Potato Casserole!

Ingredients:
-8 cooked & diced chicken breasts
-3 washed and diced large russet potatoes (uncooked; skins can be on or off)
-1 16 ounce frozen bag of California blend vegetables (carrots/cauliflower/broccoli)
-2  10 1/2 ounce cans of Cream of Celery soup
-1 8 ounce bag of shredded cheese (whatever variety you like)
-1 teaspoon of pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine chicken, potatoes, vegetables, soup, and pepper. Stir together.
3. Spread combination from step 2 evenly in a 9x13 glass baking dish.
4. Sprinkle the whole bag of shredded cheese on top.
5. Cook in the oven for about 45 minutes or until potatoes are soft. (I covered mine with aluminum foil so the cheese didn't burn.)
6. Take out of the oven and let cool for about five minutes before serving.

Now if you're like me, I definitely spaz checked the dish every fifteen minutes or so. That probably had an impact on the cooking time so I ball parked it at 45 minutes.

...so yeah. This was my first time making it as it was definitely an experiment but I will be making it again in the future.

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment