Saturday, April 14, 2018

Salmon Rice

Those blurry photos. Someday I'll get better. Someday.
Salmon Rice

Turns out, I like fish. I've been trying to find more fishy recipes, and this is kind of a hodge podge of other recipes into one.

If you don't like broccoli, you can substitute in pretty much any other vegetable, I would just stay away from bell peppers. Bell peppers and the sauce don't go all that well together in my experience. Or live dangerously, get that bell pepper fix.

Ingredients:

  • 2 lbs salmon
  • 8 oz shredded carrots
  • 2-3 cups of broccoli
  • 1 cup of uncooked basmati rice
  • 9 Tbsp rice vinegar
  • 6 Tbsp hoisin sauce
  • 3 tsp ground ginger
Directions:
  1. Cook basmati rice per package instructions.
  2. Salmon: I prefer to bake salmon in the oven. I usually let it marinade overnight, then bake it in the oven for an hour at 375. Sometimes I forget to thaw the salmon (9 times out of 10 I buy it frozen), so I shove it in the crock pot on high for three hours with some additional hoisin sauce on top. At the two hour mark, I mix the fish so it's starts falling apart and is blended, before I let it cook for the remaining hour. Whatever you do, just make sure the salmon is cooked.
  3. Chop up broccoli. How much broccoli you use entirely depends on how much you like broccoli.
  4. Combine broccoli and carrots into a large skillet. Cook on medium high heat for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
  5. Make sauce: Combine rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, and ground ginger in a small bowl. Mix well. Add sauce to skillet with vegetables. Bring sauce to a slow boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
  6. Combine salmon, rice, and vegetables (plus sauce). Stir well.
  7. Serve warm.
Rocking another easy recipe.

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment