|Do as I say, not as I do. I poured the chocolate layer |
on too quickly. It blooped over the side.
Once upon time, my sister in law made this pie, brought it to a family gathering, and I think everyone dog piled on it after we realized how truly delightful it is.
It's a giant reese's peanut butter cup essentially.
OH MY BATMAN.
I have a mini food attack every time I make this.
It's almost too easy to make...as in too tempting at all times.
I don't even, have some directions on how to make this wonderful pie.
- 1 premade oreo crust
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces of semisweet chocolate (Baker's chocolate squares works great for this)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- In a mixing bowl, beat peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and fluffy.
- In a different bowl, with really clean beaters (mixers, whatever you want to call them (STIRRING UTENSIL)), whip 1 cup of whipping cream into whipped cream.
- Fold whipped cream into peanut butter mixture until well combined.
- Spoon into the premade oreo crust. Chill until set (most likely an hour or so).
- Place chocolate and butter into a microwave proof bowl. Microwave in 15-30 second bursts until melted, stirring well in between. Once chocolate and butter have melted, stir in 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream. It should be a consistency of barbecue sauce (or close to it).
- Pour evenly over the pie. Let the chocolate settle on top; refrigeration is recommended.
- Try not to die from delight. :)
|Afraid of fridge gremlins getting into the pie while it's chilling?|
Flip the protective covering over that came with the premade
oreo crust. It's an awesome shield protector thing
and it fits perfectly!.