Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Goddess Test, The Goddess Interrupted


The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
The Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

I'm cheating with this one. You'll see why in a moment.

Do you ever read a book that you know will be silly, but read it anyways? It becomes sort of a guilty pleasure?

Well, these books were not it.

Both books center on Kate Winters becoming Hades' new wife and all the struggles. There really isn't much more to it.

Clearly the author has found a way to slightly twist the myth of Hades and Persephone so that it no longer makes sense. She made the twisted myth the basis of the series, and oh goodness me, screw up all the Greek myths everywhere! For two books! And a third on on the way!

These books were an unclever way to get a lot of people to be angry over one girl. Because oh my god, center of attention, unnecessary emotional turmoil, men fighting over me, and other women being jealous? LOL I WANNA BE A GREEK VERSION OF TWILIGHT! Oh, and also add immortality. YAY. GREEK TWILIGHT COMPLETE. QUICK, TRY TO SELL MILLIONS OF BOOKS.

Yeah, I finished both books. But I utterly resent Kate and these were my last two books that I brought with me on vacation.


No comments:

Post a Comment