Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Feta Chicken Pasta Salad

Aww yeah, crappy picture of the dish courtesy of my phone.
Mmm, delicious. Also, the thing on the right is a spoon
handle. Just so you know it's not a malformed piece of
chicken or something.
Feta Chicken Pasta Salad

So basically, I'm terrible at naming things. One day I put all of these delicious things into a dish and it turns out the whole dish was delicious! Now I'm sharing it!

Huzzah!

...I'm also going to put weird space in here so everything will line up nicely. BECAUSE I CAN.






Ingredients:

  • 4 cooked chicken breasts, cubed
  • 12 ounces of penne pasta, cooked (I used tri-color because of delicious, but regular penne should be fine)
  • 4 ounces of feta cheese
  • 8 ounces of italian dressing (light)
  • 1 1/2 cups of broccoli, chopped
  • 1 1/2 cups of crinkle cut carrots
  • 1/4 cup of thinly sliced onions (which you can kind of see in the picture)

Directions:
  1. Ensure that chicken breasts and pasta have been cooked. I put them in the ingredients as such, but it's always good to know that I expect you to have already accomplished this. I personally bake my chicken in the oven with some light seasoning of black pepper and garlic powder on it.
  2. Combine carrots, broccoli, and onions into a large bowl. Stir in feta cheese.
  3. Pour the Italian dressing over mixture.
  4. Add penne and chicken.
  5. Serve warm.

That's it. I like assuming that you know how to cook pasta and chicken. It makes the directions a lot easier. This is what I like to think of as a 'gather and mix' sort of recipe, but it's tasty while being relatively quick.

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment