Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pulled Pork & Miscellaneous

The return of potato phone.
Pulled Pork & Miscellaneous

A lot of times when I have a leftover food item, I come up with a new dish to use it before it goes bad. I think it's been pretty efficient so far.

This is one of those dishes. It turned out stupidly good though, so I think I'm just going to add it into my cookbook. Yes.

Ingredients:

  • (1) Pound of pulled pork (the pulled pork I used was coated in honey BBQ sauce)
  • (15) Ounces of steamed broccoli
  • (4) Servings of white rice (already prepared - for me this was 1 cup of uncooked rice that I prepared according to package directions)
  • (4) Cloves of garlic
  • (6) Fresh Mushrooms
  • (3) Tablespoons of olive oil

Directions:
  1. Prepare rice per package directions.
  2. Chop garlic cloves and add to a large sauce pan.
  3. Add olive oil to the sauce pan.
  4. Turn heat on medium low, saute garlic cloves.
  5. Chop fresh mushrooms and add to the sauce pan.
  6. Add steamed broccoli to the sauce pan.
  7. Simmer and occasionally stir for five minutes.
  8. Add pulled pork to the sauce pan.
  9. Simmer and occasionally stir for five minutes.
  10. Add rice to the sauce pan, mix all ingredients.
  11. Reduce heat to low and occasionally stir until all food is heated through. 
This was created just from ingredients on hand, but it turned out very well.

...nothing says creative like the dishes born in your kitchen? Eh?

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment