Saturday, January 4, 2020

Six Feet

Today's news title is brought to you by Patent Pending, SIX FEET, which I've been jamming out to a lot on my Spotify playlists. [implied dance motions]

Anywho. So, I have been trying a few things out this past year for blogging. I was rushing towards the end of the month for a bit to make sure I published the blog post within the same month that I finished the book, so it led to a sudden onslaught of book blog posts being published at the end of the month. ...then I would just kind of not do anything for a while, and then repeat the same process. Which was obnoxious, probably for you as well as me.

Then I started keeping track of what days I finished the books, and I would retroactively post to those days instead. I like this idea, since I mostly write this blog for myself (so I can keep track of everything I've read, like geez). But, I don't know if you, the readers, get any kind of notification if I schedule posts for the past. I don't know if you get notifications now when I actively post things instead of scheduling them. So, since I don't know, I'm just going to do what I want.

I had also toyed with the idea of using a Twitter account to post about new blog posts, but I don't really like the idea overall. Seems like a weird route to go to get news about when new blog posts are up. I also really like just saying what I want to about books in a relatively unstructured way, and leaving the comments section open if anyone has comments about my posts. I don't want commentary on blog posts to wander into Twitter. Seems messy. Maybe I'm just overthinking. I also don't want the temptation of tweeting at an author that I yelled about their book on the internet.

I've also been told I should just start a youtube channel since I'm a good storyteller.... but I don't want to. I like talking about books in this format. Plus, I suspect it's a much less time consuming method than a youtube channel (video editing, obsessing that every second lands how I want to, etc... where here I don't even spellcheck my posts. I'm just like WHOOOOOOOOOO all over my keyboard until I feel done, and then I hit publish).

So, in summary, I'm still kind of playing around with it. I also find myself with a stack of three books to blog about as I'm about to start the fourth... and that's when I sit down and blog about books.

I know I mentioned once before somewhere about back blogging some books that I read while I wasn't actively blog posting, and that's still a desire of mine. I think at this point I would like to reread books to post about them rather than just wing it from memory. Or designate somehow that I was just winging it from memory with very minimal notes on my end (because I kept a list of sorts. Several, which I still find sometimes). That would be kind of fun.

.....yeah, so here's a new year update of some variety.

Happy reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment