Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Indian Chicken

THIS IS THE RECIPE.
Indian Chicken!

No, I have no idea why it's called that.

I'm feeling especially lazy and this is a recipe that originally came out of one of my mother's very old cook books. So I took a picture of the recipe too.

So what I changed about the recipe: I don't cook the chicken in flour, I cook the chicken like I would normally cook plain chicken. The fastest, most convenient way at the time. I also put the chicken over a bed of rice (usually about an inch to cover the bottom of the 9" x 13" pan - my pan is about four cups of cooked rice).

So I take my 9" x 13" pan, spread the layer of rice over the bottom, place the chicken sporadically on top of the rice (usually not touching each other so there can be clear and easy 'scoop spots'), and then spread the sauce from the frying pan over the entire thing. Sometimes I poked my spoon in to the bottom of the pan to ensure that all the rice gets some sauce, other times I don't. Usually I let the completed dish sit out on the counter top for five minutes or so to ensure the juice seeps into the bottom, then I put it in the oven for an hour at 350 degrees.

That's pretty much it. I will say that this has caused heartburn for a couple folks that I've made it for before, so if you get heartburn easily and hate it and don't want to risk it, you probably shouldn't make this recipe.

Otherwise, enjoy!

Happy cooking!
THIS IS THE END PRODUCT.

No comments:

Post a Comment