Thursday, August 15, 2013

Otherside

I haven't done a real news update in a bit so here is what is happening.

I have three books waiting for me to write reviews on them (one unreadable, one I've read and am still struggling what to say about it, and a third which is just being a hassle).

Brittany and I are working on making the cross blogging discussions happen with some frequency. It might be once a month, it might be more; we're not quite sure yet. This is something that we would both like to continue to do. We're still playing around with what content we'll discuss (limit it to a book or branch out to talk about authors, genres, etc; there's a lot of potential). If you haven't checked her blog out, you totally should. It's called Summerland Sushi and you can find it HERE. She might not update as much as me (haha, I blog a lot...whoa), but what she says is pretty awesome.

I've been working a lot on a book and I might just have that lead into what I write for NaNoWriMo this year. I haven't quite decided what to do with it when I finish it, I just know that I need to write it.

Everything else I want to say would be weirdly out of context.

So here's the song that inspired today's blog post title, (IT SWEARS IN IT SOMETIMES, SORRY) OTHERSIDE, by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. It's one of those songs that has captured my imagination of the human experience in relation to drug addictions. Something that is so foreign of an experience to me, yet I have no desire to experience it. I'm just so curious as to the emotional turmoil that lies there, the motivations behind it, the during, and if there is, an after.

Surprise! I'm ridiculously curious about weird things!

On a side note, I still have a giant stack of books from ALA that are just waiting for me.

They're just sitting there. So tempting. I don't have the attention span to read multiple books at once, but if I did, I TOTALLY WOULD. Although it might take me four times as long to get through them then. Huh.

...I think I should be done here.

More books coming.

I am writing a lot.

I am working on neat discussions to do on here with Brittany.

...I just summarized myself.

...

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment