Thursday, October 31, 2013

National Novel Writing Month 2013

Last year I posted during November about National Novel Writing Month. I made an over explanatory post last year, which I got pretty rambly during.

So I'll try to explain a little better this time around.

For a cool breakdown or a place to get some questions answered, please refer to this website:  NANOWRIMO LOOK AT IT

National Novel Writing Month is November, which means that the writers of the world sometimes attempt to write a whole novel within a month. On the link I posted above, there is a website that helps to keep track of a word count, and the word count goal is to hit 50,000 words by the end of November. When it hits 11:59PM on November 30th; 50,000 words. I usually overshoot just in case I got a little repetitive (in the last couple days I usually finish just a bit early so I can do some simple edits in case I need to write more).

I've been participating in NaNoWriMo every year since 2005 and have completed the challenge every year. I haven't tried to get any novels published yet because I always find a litany of complaints with every story I've ever put to screen or paper. That may change, we'll see with how busy I get after November.

I was a bit of a dismal failure at posting my word count every day last year (it was part of the original plan, because sometimes I'm just an idiot).

So I'm not going to stress myself out about that.

During November, I will be posting my word count (approximately as I will be going to pens and notebooks this year so I can be more portable) and whatever I feel like.

WHATEVER I FEEL LIKE.

So it's wild card posts in November.

I do not guarantee any frequency of posts.
I do not guarantee any book reviews (although they might happen because I have an absurd amount of books to read (a delightful problem as always(seriously, a few will trickle over into November because I dropped the ball on scheduling blog posts))).
I do not guarantee any recipes.

I do guarantee that anything I post will most likely have an element of rambling in it.
I do guarantee I'll post something because I'm alive, kicking, and being awesome in general.
I do guarantee that it's probably going to get a bit weird.

...

I encourage you to join me in writing for National Novel Writing Month; even if you don't think you can hit the 50,000 words, then hey, at least you tried while using your WRITING MUSCLES. UMPH. FLEX THOSE MUSCLES. AWWW YESSSSSSS.

It's also awesome to get involved with the NaNoWriMo website as they have bunches of groups you can join, forums you can post on, etc. for a more thorough feeling of involvement.

...personally, I suck at making myself go out to the write-ins or posting on the forum boards. If you want to be my writing buddy, you can find my profile here. Send me a writing buddy request and we can word to the finish together! Mostly, I use the site to keep me on track for my word count. If I get an abundance of writing buddies though...I could see myself making appearances in the forums. Eh...eh?

IT'LL BE FUN!

INCREDIBLY INTENSE.

BUT FUN.

...

Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment