Saturday, September 28, 2013

Art Prize: Grand Rapids

Art Prize: Grand Rapids.

Don't know what Art Prize is? CLICK THIS FOR INFORMATION.

I like going to Art Prize and I just thought I'd share some of the art I came across when I went to visit and some thoughts I had about it.

Sadly, I don't know the names of most of the pieces, but they're pretty awesome.

This was one of the first pieces I saw. I was up on a bridge, glanced over, and there was this fish that seemed
to be shouting, "HELLO!"

This piece is actually from 2011 Art Prize but it's made out of crayons. CRAYONS. The faucet might be there to remind me of how HUGE it was.

I don't know what it is, but it looks pretty wicked.

I like this one. I'm not entirely sure what the intention was behind it, but it made me stop and look at it for a while.

This is made out of wood. The artist was standing next to it and knocked on it. Like a door.

A fun floating piece in the fountain by the Ford museum. I'm pretty sure it's made out of metal.

Another floating metal piece!

I just loved the face on this because it seemed to be the perfect confused, "What," face.

Those are just a handful of pieces I saw, but they were definitely some of my favorites.

Happy art hunting!

**Note: this was supposed to be posted on 9/28/13, but I accidentally scheduled it for 10/28/13, so this is a retroactive post I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment