So this is my third attempt at making these, and I have to say it's the tastiest.
However, I did leave the chocolate shell off of them because I haven't figured that bit out yet. So here's the recipe without the chocolate because that was just a mess. I also like to think of these as a tasty bite size peanut butter pie, just sans the chocolate on these.
I'm not slightly annoyed for not being able to figure out the chocolate part at all.
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened (not melted, just squishy)
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine powdered sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add cream cheese, blend well.
- Add vanilla extract and peanut butter to the mix. Stir well. It should be about the consistency of cookie dough.
- Roll into bite sized pieces, and place onto prepared cookie sheet. They don't have to be spread too far apart on the cookie sheet because they won't expand it all. They'll stay exactly as you rolled them.
- If you are in a rush for delicious, you can put them in the freezer for twenty minutes. OR, you can put them in the refrigerator for an hour. They should be stored in the fridge when not being consumed.
It's a very easy recipe and goes over very well with everyone I've come across. Plus there's no baking. YES.
Happy culinary adventures!