Saturday, March 29, 2014

Lady Thief

Lady Thief by A. C. Gaughen

I previously reviewed the first book in the series, Scarlet, HERE.

I read the first book and REALLY disliked it. I finished it with a mission to hopefully see the female heroine get better.

I was atrociously wrong.

But then it had been some time since I read the first book and I heard one of my awesome book mentors talk about how she loved the first book, and I was ready to give the second book a lenient chance.

Sigh.

An amazon summary, "Scarlet’s true identity has been revealed, but her future is uncertain. Her forced marriage to Lord Gisbourne threatens Robin and Scarlet’s love, and as the royal court descends upon Nottingham for the appointment of a new Sheriff, the people of Nottingham hope that Prince John will appoint their beloved Robin Hood. But Prince John has different plans for Nottingham that revolve around a fateful secret from Scarlet’s past even she isn’t yet aware of. Forced to participate at court alongside her ruthless husband, Scarlet must bide her time and act the part of a noblewoman—a worthy sacrifice if it means helping Robin’s cause and a chance at a future with the man she loves. With a fresh line of intrigue and as much passion as ever, the next chapter in Scarlet’s tale will have readers talking once again." AMAZON LINK OF JUSTICE

...I can't.

I reached page 70 and quit.

Here's why.

In those 70 pages, Robin has been traumatized so badly by the previous books events that he nearly kills Scarlet TWICE while he sleepwalks/rage/hulks out. TWICE.

Try to kill an unsuspecting Scarlet once, alright. Plausible.

Try to kill a knowledgeable Scarlet that insists on being around Robin while he slumbers, I'M OUT. NO.

I don't want to read a book of a soured love where Robin is so tormented he cannot bear to talk about it, I don't want to read a book about a girl who is married to a man she doesn't love, refuses to sleep with the one she loves because it's a sin, yet loathes her husband to an excessive amount.

NO.

It is not my cup of tea, I couldn't stand Scarlet, I couldn't stand Robin being way too manly to talk about the obvious hell he's going through.

No.

Nopenopenope.jpg

On to the next book, I waste no more time on this plot.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment