Monday, May 20, 2013

Tuna-licious!

Dressing up tuna!

I don't think I've posted a recipe in a bit, and I've had a few folks in real life wanting to know how I make my tuna sandwiches.

Here are my 'secrets'.

I like my sandwiches boring. Sometimes I throw dashes of things in, but most times I just like them boring.

So when I dress up tuna, I'll either combine:

-1 can of tuna (drained)
-2 tablespoons of Italian dressing (lite)

or

-1 can of tuna (drained)
-1 avocado

or

-1 can of tuna (drained)
-1 tablespoon of miracle whip (light)
-1 tablespoon of honey mustard

That's basically all I do. Sometimes I'll add a dash of paprika (because I'm still trying to figure out if it has a specific flavor), sometimes I'll add a bit of black pepper.

I'll always put it on some sort of 'healthy' bread and usually there's enough for two sandwiches (especially if I combine it with avocado). My healthy breads are usually Oatmeal bread, wheat bread (enriched with fiber or something, low calorie), and multi-grain bread.

This seems pretty basic to me but now it's out there for everyone! YAY!!!

Happy cooking!

Tuna with Italian dressing!
Avocado with tuna. I put in a little Italian dressing
with this one as my avocado was not quite ripe yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment