Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Breaths before chaos

NaNoWriMo begins in 45 minutes.

Every year it seems I get wound up with breathless anticipation until the final minute strikes midnight on October 31st, marking the birth of November 1st.

The beginning of NaNoWriMo, words always just seem to spin out across the pages.

I don't expect to sleep until 6am, if I'm lucky.

The thing I find about being a storyteller by nature, is that until the great story is told, the spirit cannot rest. I've felt a bit uneasy or hesitant since this story began in my head and it's only brought delight as I've managed to sketch characters and put sparse plot points and specific setting details to pages.

I hope that either you can appreciate NaNoWriMo or that you might even participate in NaNoWriMo but at midnight, I'll be creating another world.

Happy writing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment