Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 1

So for NaNoWriMo, I am most likely going to make one post a day (try to) and edit it throughout the day as I will be writing at all weird hours of the day (when I'm awake and near my laptop with nothing getting in the way; HUZZAH!).

I will try to time stamp when I finish an entry in this format.

Edit: Day 1, 3:33AM: 3,207 words.

So far so good. I'm straying a little bit from how I imagined the opening as I realized I needed to incorporate elements of the later story into elements of the now story to make sure the picture is complete. Also, at some point during daylight hours today I'll be going to the library to return some books. Maybe later I'll pull something from my personal book shelf and explain why I love it enough to own it; every book I own I've read at least five times. BECAUSE I LOVE THEM.

Let the NaNoWriMo chaos thrive!

Edit: Day 1, 3:36AM: 3,207 words.

I've had a weird day. I've done laundry, battled with headaches, and been going through my belongings to sort out what I want to donate or what I want to keep. I tend to clean a lot during November; it helps calm the clutter of words that builds up in my mind.

My characters are developing well enough, and I'm managing to stick with the plot line I've outlined. So far so good. I am struggling a little bit to ensure that the different voices of my characters are unique enough to be easily distinguishable from the others. The problem is I like to make everyone wordy. Some of my characters are much more quiet than I am. It makes it a bit more challenging.

Happy Writing!

Edit: Day 1, 7:17PM: 5,002 words.

I made pumpkin bread. Did some laundry. Attended to some not novel world things.

Edit: Day 1, 9:01PM: 5,002 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment