Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 2

I've been slacking on updating but I feel the need to explain myself. A lot of my writing happens in the 'prime' hours of the night. Meaning, roughly between 12am-4am zone. Last night I was on the phone with a couple friends and did not get much writing in, but I have managed to get myself to 6,043 words in the past hour or so. I will be writing more tonight, technically on Day 3, but eh.

My tentative plans are to shoot for 10,000 words every 5 days, with the reasoning that it's okay if I fall a little short. Primarily, I'm trying to ensure that I'll hit 50,000 words by the end of November.

I would like to take a brief break to talk about a book series from my personal collection.

Percy Jackson.

Now, if those two words made you cringe in horror because of a terrible movie that was released some years ago, I assure you the books are much better.

So I own the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series by Rick Riordan. I'm also currently trying to collect the next series that still is in the greek world; I gave his egyptian god books a try, but they were not to my taste.

Anywho.

The main reason I like the Percy Jackson books is because they make the Greek Mythologies come alive again (even if they're not entirely accurate-it's mythology anyways so who's to say how many times the story's changed anyhow?) in a very modern way. Yes, there is some teenage angst. Yes, there is a coming of age story. Yes, there is a prophecy (IT'S GREEK MYTHOLOGY, THERE'S GOT TO BE A PROPHECY *imagine Arnold Schwarzenegger saying that, much funnier*).

But it's good.

...that is all.

Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment