Friday, November 30, 2012

Uh...Whoops.

So one last thing about NaNoWriMo.org.

EVERYONE TAKE A MUTUAL SIGH FOR THE HORSE I KEEP HARASSING.

Yesterday, I went to a nanowrimo.org write-in event at the Grandville mall, more specifically, at the Barnes and Noble that resides there.

I donated roughly 30 books to the organization (Yay! Make room on my bookshelves for MORE BOOKS) and then got really crippling socially awkward.

Suddenly, I realized I was surrounded by wonderful people who have a heart, passion, and love for writing.

I was completely overwhelmed just by that fact and ended up sitting at a table by myself near others, but definitely by myself.

I had no idea what to say or how to engage such an interesting group in conversation.

I sat there, fiddled with my phone for about ten minutes and smiling at the conversations taking place around me before I went to the games section, purchased a game, left the store, and got an orange julius as a consolation prize at the nearby Dairy Queen, and left.

I'm glad I went. Next time, I will be better armed for conversation.

I would take a moment to defend myself here by admitting that I haven't been sleeping well lately, yadda yadda, but I don't like making excuses. I'd rather just own up to it, and move on.

So next year NaNoWriMo buddies, I will converse with you!

Maybe.

At least I'll take a victory ride on the carousel.

No comments:

Post a Comment