Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 7

So today I'm having a bit of a hard time writing due to the graphic/emotional nature of what's happening in my story so far.

One way I find it easy to motivate myself is through baking! So today I made these:
Sugar Cookie Recipe
Cream Cheese Frosting

I modified the sugar cookie recipe slightly so I put in 1 3/4 cup of powdered sugar and 3/4 of a teaspoon of almond extract. I also never wait for the cookies to be done chilling, I bake them as soon as my dough is mixed thoroughly. With the cream cheese frosting, I dyed it light blue so I could make fun designs on the top with white icing.

Still hovering at 13,406 words as I prewrite this scene a bit more before I plug it into my story.

I find that it's better to motivate myself by baking as it reminds me that not only can I create something pretty, I can create something tasty too! Creativity isn't limited to the written word; so why should I?

I'll probably cook something with pumpkin in it tomorrow that's healthier than cookies. Maybe I'll post about it. ;)

Happy writing!

Edit: Here's a picture of the cookies from my phone camera (quality may be poor). The beauty of decorating cookies is that no matter what's on top, they'll still be tasty. :)


Edit: I have reached 15,718 words. Today was rough, but a necessary experience for my character to go through. Oy vey.

No comments:

Post a Comment